Google+

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Beauty Buffs -Cult Nails Dotticure!

Hello everyone! I know, I know, this post should have been live hours ago! Boo on me for sure..

Anyways! I know I've missed a few Beauty Buffs posts, as well as quite a few other things, but this isn't the post for that. I fail greatly at doing dots, even with dotting tools! I think this mani came out a lot better than it was intended too!! Also, this was probably my fourth try because it kept going horrible wrong! ...or the polish smeared on me..

For this mani, I went with all Cult Nails polishes... why you may ask? They're the polishes that I have on hand, because I'm labelling them.. so why not just use them! Plus, if you've never tried Cult Nails, you definitely need to get on the ball because they're amazing!

For my base I used Nevermore. It only took ONE coat to get complete coverage.
Ontop of Nevermore I used Mayhem because I wanted to give my nails that little something extra and why not add a holographic top coat?!

There was no real science to how I placed the dots, or why I chose the colors I did. It was one of those really thought out random things. I just picked two colors that looked good together.. or well really four since I used four polishes.

On my ring finger, I mattified the entire nail, before I placed the dots down. For that I used ORLY's Matte top coat... okay so I lied a little bit when I said I used ALL Cult Nails. I would have if there was one.

For the dots I used Radiance (pink) and Grunge (army green) I really like how this turned out. Maybe I'll try and do dotticures more.
I quite like how all of the nails turned out. It was really fun to create this mani! Even though I was extremely over the whole editing process, which I'm sure you can tell. There's just no helping cuticles, and other things sometimes.  Embrace your funky looking fingers. I know I will because I just don't care what negative things people have too say anymore. :)

So what do you think? Do you like my dots or should I go back to the drawing board and try again?!
 photo signature_zps5ed1b0d3.jpg

An InLinkz Link-up

19 comments:

  1. Nice dotticure! I like how you didn't use summery colors too. Its a nice change to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are pretty awesome! I love the big and small dots too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I was trying to fiddle around with the different sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I'm surprised that it turned out decent enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I do too! I didn't want to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I didn't even think of using summery colors actually. I thought this would definitely be something different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh Nevermore and Mayhem = totally made for each other! Love your color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your skittle dots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. skittle dotticure! love it! I need to do that spiral dotticure

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!! Its not even supposed to be a spiral but I Iove how it turned out! !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you some much!!! They're a match made in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete