Google+

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Beauty Buffs - Make Your Own Pastel Polish

Hello everyone!

For those of you who are new to my little bloog (no I didn't spell that wrong. I like to pronounce it bloo-guh.. I'm weird) I started off as a beauty blog and make my way into nail polish, both subjects have been a growing obsession of mine. I've dabbled into fashion but I am the least fashionable person you will ever meet in your life. My blog is a little over 3 years old, even though if you look back you wouldn't know that because when I switched from blogger, to wordpress and then back to blogger, I lost my earlier posts.
Enough about me though. I want to welcome you all too the first post of many of the group The Beauty Buffs. This group was started by Norelis of Fierce Makeup & Nails. I can't thank her enough for inviting me to be a part of this absolutely amazing group! There is a wide variety of bloggers in The Beauty Buffs; makeup, nails, fashion, lifestyle... you name it, I'm sure one of us posts about it. The Beauty Buffs will be posting every other Wednesday, starting today with the topic of Pastels. What I particularly like and I'm sure you will enjoy is that TBB's topics are open to interpretation. Meaning we're not all going to posting the same general thing. (ie it's not all going to be nail polish, etc) I think that's what really makes this group unique! Also, I'm going to say that I feel like I am in with blogging royalty! Holy wow, I'm absolutely honored and fan girled insanely hard when I saw who all was in the group!

With the first topic being Pastels, I was at a total loss. I don't think I own a single pastel thing. I've got polishes that could lean towards pastel, but not really nor do I have any pastel makeup. So instead of going shopping because I'm trying to conserve money, I decided to make my OWN pastel nail polish! It's really easy!

You're pretty much frankening (mixing polishes) your own polish. I originally was just going to lighten a couple of polishes, but they weren't really pastel, just lightened. Thank you Kirby :P. She's my pastel guru so I had to ask for her help on creating a good pastel. I'll show you the versions I made, but ultimately I only have one that comes pretty dang close to being pastel. Okay, enough of my rambling!

What you need;;
1 white polish
1 polish (or more depending if you want to create a completely custom polish)
1 empty polish bottle
(I don't have a photo of the empty bottle because I forgot to add it into the shot.)
Now the amount of white polish you use definitely depends on how light you would like your pastel polish. For an entire bottle I used maybe 6 drops. I also added more green (which I'm sure you can see) then I did purple to get my desired shade. I wish it would have been more green but it is what it is.
I now have a full bottle of this gorgeous pastel polish that I made without having to go out and search for one! It's honestly very simple to franken your own pastel or really franken your own polish. It's all about mixing other polishes together! Frankening is different than making indie polishes. There's an actual science to making indie polishes. 


Please excite how shoddy/sloppily I applied the polish, with it being 3:26am I was kind of in a hurry to get these pictures done D: ... I'm sure you can see the smudges etc. :P You live and learn!

The shade itself is a gorgeous pastel purple! I'm really pleased with how this turned out! I love frankening my own polishes. It's kind of therapeutic for me. I used to have a giant collection of custom made polishes, but I got rid of them all but a few. I'm thinking of putting this up for sale in my blog sale, but we will see what happens.

Have you made your own franken polish before?! Would you ever consider doing it?!

Thank you so much for reading my post and I can't wait to do the next Beauty Buffs post!

An InLinkz Link-up
 photo signatureuna_zps1d5464f3.jpg

41 comments:

  1. You made your own pastel! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know people really shy away from using this color, but I happen to gravitate towards it. Looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I also love the pastel green orly polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg you made your own pastel polish??? super crafty, i wuv it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankening is what made me want to start my own indie line. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so awesome! frankening is always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Really?! I never knew that. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank YOU for the help! :D I linked your blog at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! It was a bit of a pain to get the color correct but it turned out a lot better than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's actually a LOT of fun if you have the empty bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! It's Jealous, Much? I was told it wasn't "pastel enough" so I just made my own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! :D I'm actually surprised how good it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! It definitely is! I do it sometimes when I get really bored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the color you created, so nice and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So awesome. Such a pretty color and so excited to subscribe now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Turned out awesome! I would have no idea where to begin when it came to making my own polish. It's a skill!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i absolutely love that you frankened a polish, such a creative way to make up for the lack of pastels. i don't have too many either!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who told you it wasn't pastel enough??? I want to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This makes me want to mix up some new shades!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh girl, frankening is REALLY easy, it's when you're buying the pigments and bases is when it becomes hard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much! :D I don't know why I don't have more pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, she said it wasn't pastel enough for her, which is why I wound up making my own. It was a whole self doubt thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much! I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much! I'm subscribed to you already, but I'm extremely behind on reading posts! D:

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's a lot of fun! If you do, I definitely want to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so clever! I can't remember the last time I frankened my own shade, it's so fun to create something completely unique. I love the shade you created!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much! :D it's been since probably Christmas since I made my last one. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with this polish yet.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for frankens! I don't even remember every frankening a polish but I'm sure I did. It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you! You should try it! I'm sure you could create something absolutely amazing! I've got a really pretty deep red holo that I made.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're a genius! I would never have thought to make my own polish. I love the color you came up with as well - I'm a sucker for soft purples :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh shush! You should try it one day! It's actually a lot of fun to come up with unique and new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a cool post AND polish you did! love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much!! #fangirl

    ReplyDelete