Google+

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Work Appropriate Eye Makeup

This isn't one of the looks that I was going to do for Halloween, but I kind of forgot to write down the list of products that I used before I jumped on the computer, so that will be the next post coming up! First I do want to show you all a perfect example of a work appropriate eye. Now, a lot of people aren't able to wear bright colored shadows to work, When I worked at Hess, we were supposed to only wear neutral shadows but luckily I had 2 managers who were totally okay with me wearing funky colors eye makeup as long as it wasn't something that would interfere with work and what not. But this example is a good one of something that could be apropriate in all kinds of settings!


On Instagram, taking pictures through the lens of my glasss has become a kind of typical thing for me. Especially since people are always asking about makeup that is appropriate for glasses. Girls/Guys wear whatever you want! It's all glasses apropriate! ..well except for maybe crazy false lashes! :P

Dem bags!
Products:
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Urban Decay Gunmetal (crease/outer corner)
  • Urban Decay Verve (lid)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eye liner - Perversion
  • L'Oreal Lacquer Liner - Slate
  • Givenchy Nior Couture 4-in-1 Mascara

I REALLY love how this turned out! Then again I'm sure I've done this look pleanty of times! I'm sure you're all tired of seeing me doing neutral looks though! :P

I figured that to spice this look up a little bit I would pair it with two lip colors!
The first lip color I used was L.A. Girls Glazed Lip Paint in Hot Mess.
I think this is a gorgeous orange-y lip color that could definitely work, well for work!
The second lip color I went with is much darker and it's Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Anita.

This is probably my darkest lip color and while I LOVE wearing it, I rarely do! Y'all know that i am NOT a lip girl, but I'm trying to change this! I applied this very lightly to give it more of a sheer look!

What do you think? Is this something that you would wear for work?! Or just wear out during the day?!
 photo signature_zps5ed1b0d3.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Nice makeup and agree, its perfect for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the cat eye! I also love that you keep your glasses on for your makeup looks, glasses pride!

    ReplyDelete