Google+

Monday, January 27, 2014

Mint Chocolate Interlocking dots

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing well!!

This manicure isn't what I originally planned but I'm totally not used too long nails and I had an insane time trying too get the striping tape straight!! I don't know how you ladies do it, seriously I applaud you all!

My base for all of my nails is Nubar Green Silver Glitter. That's across ALL nails.

I used Cult Nails Spontaneous and taped off a triangle (not a straight one you LOL) You can kind of see the pink shimmer in Spontaneous, but I think it tones down the holographic, can't keep your eyes off of your nails look of GSG.

TADA!

To create the dotticure, I first taped off the section that I wanted to paint with Nubar Jewel. After I painted the section I let it dry slightly then started doing the dots! You definitely don't have too tape off the section though I didn't with my right hand. :P #rebel I'm sure there are tutorials out there on how to create an interlocking dot mani, but I can always do a tutorial if you would like... It's really really easy.

I seriously LOVE how this turned out, it kind of reminds me of chocolate ice cream dripping... Is that weird? Did I just make you want ice cream?! :P On my ring finger I used striping tape to create the sunburst. The hardest part was to get the vertical line straight down the middle, then it was a walk in the park.
I topped the entire mani off with Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat


I love this mani seriously. What do you think?!


 photo signatureuna_zps1d5464f3.jpg
All  of the polishes were purchased by me with my own money with the exception of G&G HK Girl Topcoat.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! xx I'm bummed that I took the nails off to change them D:

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! I really want to try some striping tape manis but we shall see...I'm not so hot with nail art, lol. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm not very good at nail art but striping tape is really easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already commented about it on Instagram, but I'll say it again! Great choices, and it looks great! It reminds me of winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so awesome. Love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! These have too be my favorite out of every way I've ever painted my nails.

      Delete