Google+

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wet n Wild Art In The Streets - Swatch & Review

Purchased Myself

Wet n Wild is not a brand I gravitate towards much for eye shadows. I know they have some gems, but most of the time, the ones that I purchase are mostly disappointing. I was searching for their new spring collection to pick up the palettes for it as per request from Jessica (you can read her blog HERE). Unfortunately, I can't find the spring collection anywhere, so I just grabbed a palette that I thought would be really fun too play with. It was this one (Art In the Streets) or the 5-pan neutral palette. I'm trying to re-introduce color back into my repertoire, so I went with the bold and bright colored one.

Art In The Streets is a 5 pan palette with a purple, bright orange, yellow, medium green and a sky blue. 

I don't think these have any ACTUAL names so we shall just number them in order of how they were swatched.
This particular set is swatched without a primer. As you can tell, the colors are not particularly pigmented. This WAS two swipes though. Like two straight down (or across depending on the pan) swipes to get shadow. NORMALLY I only do one swipe, but I wanted to build them up a bit. I despise when people build up shadows and make them look all pretty, that is misleading and I don't do it. BUT I had to give this a second swipe.
Two swipes again over Milani's Eye shadow primer. Much better right? I did have a bit of trouble with the orange, which I'm sure you can tell. All 4 of the 5 shadows are matte. The purple has a little bit of shimmer in it, which you can see, so I'm not calling it matte.

The shadows themselves are very smooth but there is one drawback, they're kind of chalky. You don't get any fall out, or at least I didn't but these are still chalky. They're very easy too use and blendable. However, you're going to see my biggest issue with these in un momento (aka the next picture)

Le sigh. Okay, I had to be careful to NOT over blend this or the shadows would disappear. I used every color in the palette, with the yellow in the inner corner. I couldn't get the yellow to show up much except for what you see. Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed. I've had a few Wet n Wild palettes, and they've all been duds for me. I think the I<3Matte was the only good one out of all of the ones that I've tried. I don't know. I'm still going to search for their Spring Collection, but I am not having high hopes for the quality of it. 

Have you tried this palette? Do you have the same opinion on Wet n Wild shadows? What are ones that I should try?!


 photo signatureuna_zps1d5464f3.jpg
Purchased myself. All opinions are my own.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like such a disappointing palette. I'm not into wearing such bright shades so I'll probably pass on this. Great review and swatches though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I almost got the neutrals, but I've got a ton of those and got rid of my colored palettes except for a couple a year or so ago. This is definitely a palette to pass on! I'm thinking of going back and getting the neutral one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their products in general are so hit and miss. I've found some really great products and some that were just really blah. :( Some of their shadows are nice, but some have zero pigmentation! Or maybe I'm just getting spoiled by higher-end stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I am the same way right now! When I first started my YT channel, I said I was only going to use drugstore products. Then I got a tasted of Urban Decay and it just spiraled into an obsession. I know some people LOVE their eye shadows, but I mean how can this palette be shoddy for one person and "perfect" for another. That doesn't really make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for reviewing this! I love your photos, and I appreciate you showing them with and without primer. I have so hesitated buying their shadows, even though G at Nouveau Cheap (among others) recommends them; only because I haven't had a great track record with them. I do love their nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always swatch with and without a primer and I don't build the shadows up. I know they're highly recommended, but like you I haven't had a good track record with a lot of their products (except for their polishes) either. Which is a shame because they hace some nice stuff. I'm going to look for the LE palettes next weekend, since I should be free most of the week. I am kind of surprised that the shadows are still on my lids right now, even though I slept with them on. I'm not sure if they stained my eyes or if it's just from the primer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had great luck with their eyeshadows either. They don't go on smoothly/evenly for me and the color is patchy. A primer helps a bit, but really I would just rather buy a better quality product and not worry about it. But I do love these colors!

    Polished Portland

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry it took me a couple of days to respond! Your comment never appeared till today! D: (I kept checking) I definitely agree with you, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has issues with their shadows. The orange was very patchy on me. I think that's why I've not purchased much from WnW because I've always had shite luck.

    ReplyDelete