Google+

Saturday, February 8, 2014

ORLY MatteFX Green Flakie Topcoat

Purchased Myself

You may remember a while ago, if you were following me on instagram, I posted a picture of GFTC and PFTC (pink flakie top coat). I was unimpressed then and my Sally's charged me $10 per bottle and I wound up taking them back the next day. I was kind of miffed about the price then I just wasn't impressed with the top coat in general. Anyways Sally's was having their 50% off Clearance sale (they have it often) and I decided what the heck, it's a better deal then when it originally came out so I snagged it. I wish they had the pink one though! I can't complain too much since it was only a couple of dollars. 

Green Flakie Top coat is a sheer green tinted base with purple, blue and green flakie glitter. Did I mention it was matte?
No Top Coat

Why on earth ORLY made these matte is completely beyond me, these really shine when they are shiny. The formula is nice and you get a nice coverage of the flakies. I don't have any complaints except for that it's matte, but that's just me.
No Top Coat

I swatched this alone and over ORLY MatteFX Butterfly.
With Topcoat ^^
What do you think? Matte or Shiny?!

I purchased this product with my own money. All opinions are my own

10 comments:

  1. I think it is adorable. I understand what you mean about it not being too crazy about the matte but you know what? I actually like it. It is different and fun.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat looking! I like it matte best. I looked at Sally's the other day for Iron Butterfly but didn't see it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them shiny! I wouldn't pay $10 for them though, but that's just me...I like special effects toppers, I just don't use them often enough to justify paying more than a few bucks. That's cool that you got it on clearance! Great bottle shot, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I originally wrote this post, I had tried them over different colors and you either couldn't see them or it looked like crap matte. I definitely like them both ways when it's over Iron Butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Like I said too Sarah, I like it both ways when it's over Iron Butterfly, but when it comes too other colors it's not really that impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! :D Yeah I wouldn't have either, which is why I originally took them back and waited for the clearance too happen lol. I hate paying a lot of money for nail polish unless it's something that I really really want. but for ORLY or China Glaze $10 is way too much for me too pay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie LovestruckLacquerFebruary 9, 2014 at 12:42 AM

    I normally mattify my flakies but i actually prefer this one shiny :) both are pretty their own way though

    ReplyDelete
  8. your bottle shots are so much fun. i love them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you love!!! xxx <3 I honestly would just do bottle shots if I ever got the chance to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never mattifiy my flakies, but I'm definitely going to have to try it with the Color Club one that I have!

    ReplyDelete