Google+

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Beauty Buffs : Yellow Saran Wrap Manicure

Hello everyone and welcome too another addition of ::


This weeks theme is none other than yellow. I was actually pretty excited about this one! Unfortunately you can tell that I kind threw it together at the last minute.These extra hours at work have been messing with my blogging mojo-jojo! (if you get the reference, you're amazing) Of course though, since it was last minute, I'm unsure of how it looks!

This was my first time doing a saran wrap mani, which is why I'm so unsure! At first I was going to do all yellow, but after I painted my nails, they just looked...less than appealing.. Not only that but I was trying a new brand.. well it's now a new brand, just the first time I tried them. After 20 minutes the polish wasn't dry so I just scrapped the entire thing!

So, here it is! In all of its excitement I guess! I'm so jealous of other people's saran wrap manicures. They always turn out looking beautiful! Mine is just meh. Murphey's Law!:P

For my Base I used L'Oreal The Queens Ambition and overtop I used Cult Nails You're My Dandy Lion


I love that you can see the glitter through the yellow, I feel that it gives the manicure that little extra something.

And just because here is my thumb. I was originally going too do a gradient, but it just didn't work out. The sponge kept lifting the black and messing with the entire look, can you tell I also fail at doing gradients?! :P I mean you can't see it here, because I pretty much sponged it off, but I love how you can see the yellow in the glitter as well as in other places.


So, will you be trying out yellow anything this summer?! Bright colors, including yellow are very in right now!

Until Next time! Don't forget to check out the other ladies and see what they did!
 photo signatureuna_zps1d5464f3.jpg


An InLinkz Link-up

25 comments:

  1. I like this mani too! So cute, I love the saran wrap technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a saran wrap mani before but I like the textured look of it! I will need to try this out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so fun! I like the saran wrap technique so its great to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's from powerpuff girls, right? been forever since i've watch that! i love that you used a glitter polish underneath. it so pretty how the little glitters peak through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty, I like it and I don't normally like darker manis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Black and yellow together is the best! These are really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! it actually reminds me of all of the pollen going around right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Ugh the pollen! That is definitely something I didn't think of! I try to ignore the pollen for allergies sake :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. They definitely look awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is!!!! Bahah it's been ages since I've watched it too! I had a friend who was absolutely obsessed with it, which is why it has stuck with me! I was really surprised when the glitter peaked through!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I've been on a light polish kick lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This wa the first time I used it as well. I think this could be nice for stamping. I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was my first time doing one. I definitely need to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! I definitely need to practice more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's actually really interesting! It does give it a really neat look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I love saran wrap manicures, but my technique is definitely lacking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went out and bought the saran wrap just for this :P It's a bit difficult to get it just right, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete