Google+

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Beauty Buffs - Royal Blue

Bought Myself/Gift/Nothing To Disclose
Hello everyone! Welcome back to another episode of The Beauty Buffs!! .. Okay, why I called it an episode I have no idea, I thought it was funny. *bah dum tss*

This weeks theme is Royal Blue and I figured that since the last TBB post I did nail polish, I thought I would do makeup this week! SO, I had gone out in search of a nice royal blue eye shadow and found the Maybelline Expert Wear quad in Electric Blue. I guess, it is new? I don't know, I've never seen them before and it was $2 off I think so I decided I would get it. I'm going too tell you now, don't waste your time, It's not that great. The pigmentation is lacking. WELL, low and behold AFTER I bought it, I remembered I had Sugarpill's Heartbreaker palette in it, which has Velocity. A gorgeous matte royal blue. BAM, have my eyeshadow. *dances*

I decided too use the blue in the Maybelline quad as well as Velocity, and I used a mixture of colors from the Crown Cosmetics Smokey Eye Palette. 
The three shadows with the arrows pointing too the are the ones I used. I didn't use them in any particular order, except tap my brush into each a couple of times.  I added that into the crease and blended out. BUT wait! There's more. I also used Sugarpill Velocity in the crease. I used it as the original outline of the crease then I blended a bit on the top of the crease to give it a little something extra,. 

On the lid I applied lightly the Royal Blue from the Maybelline Electric Blues palette. I should have added some of Velocity on top, but what is done is done.
On the lower lashline I mixed the royal blue and the black shadow and smudged it across.
You are probably asking yourself WHY so many pictures and WHY pictures of both eyes. WELL my dears, I did both eyes different. On my left eye I didn't wing the liner and I didn't bring the shadow up as high as I did on the other eye. You can't tell particularly but the liner on my right eye *below* is winged out and I brought the shadows higher up towards the brow bone. 
Products Used:
Sugarpill - Velocity
Maybelline - Electric Blue Palette (black and blue)
Crown Cosmetics - Smokey Eye Palette (colors shown above)
Urban Decay - Zephyr (innter corner)
Milani Extreme Eye Tech Eyeliner
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MiA BelleZZA Creme Liner in Brown - Waterline & Tightline
Ellis Faas Mascara
I really love how this came out! I've been itching too show everyone the look since I completed it a couple of nights ago! 

Here's the finished look with the whole face! ... I don't know why I said it that way but I did. A lot of people say don't wear blue on blue, brown on brown or green on green. I say, do what you want, it is your makeup and it's YOUR face. Makeup is an expression of art, don't let others dull your shine!



The purpose of this is too give you some more blue options. I understand the 3/4 makeup choice are high end, but you try too find GOOD affordable royal blue shadows. :P I got lucky I found the Maybelline one, and the palette itself isn't that great, 
Royal Blue

Essie nail polish / Seche nail care, $16 / Maybelline eye makeup / NARS Cosmetics matte eye makeup, $30 / Eyeshadow, $26 / Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics matte makeup

Don't forget too check out the other ladies in the linkup and leave comments on their posts!


An InLinkz Link-up

33 comments:

  1. Nice royal blue eyeshadow choice! It looks lovely on the eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blue looks great against your eye color. your eyes look so teal!
    mine are green and when I wear blue I think they look even more green, which I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the smokiness of this look! I did a similar look to this a little bit ago and i featured it in my BB post this week too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh it's so attractive on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this blue look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I totally need that eyeshadow palette! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for blue shadows!! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what beautiful blue eyes you have! The blue shadow even accentuates them even more. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I need to brave the world of darker shadows...this is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Especially with the winged liner. But I'm a winged liner freak. :)
    I've been hearing a lot about sugarpill lately... I need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic look - it really makes your eyes pop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So I tend to shy away from blues on my eyes (but apparently can't stay away from purple!), but you really pulled it off. Your eyes really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much!!! :D <3 You should definitely try some blues! I think they would look AMAZING with your eyes!! I LOVE wearing purples as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I typically do a better wing, but I've been using my liquid liner instead of my cream liner. You should! Their shadows are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! There is nothing to be afraid of, I bet dark shadows would look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much!! :D It's crazy how this made my eyes look brighter instead of more pale like they typically do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so excited that I wasn't the only one! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know, this is the FIRST time I've used it and I've had it for 2.5 years! Ridiculous right?! I used some of the other shadows though making polishes. Bahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much!! I'm going too check it out now! I've been a bit behind readin posts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's all about manipulating your eye color! I LOVE doing looks that bring out the other colors that are in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look(s) you did :) I wish I had blue eyes to go with my blue eye look! This look just makes your eyes POP! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great look!!! I need to start getting more into make up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty look! And I agree, I have blue eyes but I love wearing blue with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much!! :D It's one of my favorite things to do! (I'm sorry it took so long too reply!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much! You should! I'd love to see some makeup looks from you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you love! Oh psh! Yours still looked amazing! :D :D

    ReplyDelete