Google+

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen - Neon Pink

Purchased Myself

It took me a while to find one of the two I <3 Nail Art displays.. yes there are two different ones. My stores kind of lack with putting new collections out. Each pen retails for $7.99 (depending on your region) I'm sure you can find them cheaper if they're at Walmart, or when they go on sale it's totally worth it! I bought this on Christmas day (Yes I went out don't judge) and they were buy 1 get 1 50% off so I got the Stud kit as well. I will be doing a comparison at the end of the post with the original Nail Art pens.

The pen I picked up is in Neon Pink my camera make the packaging look more of a baby pink but let me assure you, it's neon pink alright! I've never used any kind of nail art pen so I thought these would be really hard to use but I was surprised. It's really easy!

The one thing that I really do like about the new pens is that they're not as thick as the old ones. The old ones are really bulky. Other than that, there are a couple of things different and one major thing different!
I<3 Nail Art Neon Pink (left) Nail Art Pen (right)
I know you can't really tell but the I<3NA pen has more of a flat tip where the original has a pointed tip.

The one major difference between the two pens is the formulation of the ink inside. The I<3NA pen is way more pigmented then the original. The original formula is VERY watery. The Nail Art pens are currently on clearance (The I <3 Nail Art pens are replacing them) for under $3 if you can find them, IF You want to get them just because.  Other than that, the pen width is the same, I don't have any problems using the pen except for the fact that I don't have a very steady hand, hence the funky lines. :P


Have you tried any of the new I Heart Nail Art Pens?! What do you think? Do you prefer the old ones?

Purchased myself

4 comments:

  1. Never tried this pen but great to hear that its much more pigmented than the original one! I bet its super easy to use for your nail art designs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got really shaky hands thanks to anxiety and it's really easy if you concentrate on what you're doing! I really enjoy using this pen and definitely plan on showcasing it in some future blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try these especially now that I'm trying to branch out and not do purely swatching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say wait for them to go on sale! I'd hate having to pay $14 for just two. I know a lot of people use acrylic paint instead of these pens.

    ReplyDelete