Google+

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Mercurial Mermaid

Hello everyone!

The palette that is going to be the main focus of today's look was gifted too me by the lovely Beauty Budget Splurge. I've had it sitting around for a couple of weeks and just never got around to using it. Instant regret when I tried the first shadow! Just wow! They're extremely pigmented! Anyways, anyways back to the topic at hand! The lewk!
This post is going to be set up differently, kind of. Since there's not specific shadows to list, I'll just

The palette I used was the Profusion Endless Jewels eyeshadow kit.
I only ever see profusion products around Christmas time because they're affordable makeup kits. I typically skip them, not because they're cheap, but.. well I never know how the pigmentation will be in them to be honest. I have to say though, I am blown away by this palette and I've used only two shadows!! 
In my crease I used a maroon-ish brown. It's absolutely stunning!
For my lid I used a blue-ish green..this would be considered what? Teal? Educate me please. :P I've been debating about it all day. I shall call it teal and call it a day!

For my "liner" I used NARS Eye Paint in Interstellar **
I tight lined with Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner in Perversion
For Mascara I used Ellis Faas's Mascara. **
Urban Decay Primer Potion
I quite like LOVE how this turned out! As per the title of this post, this look, well the teal eyeshadow really reminds me of The Mercurial Magpie. I freaking love Kirby! Girl, next time I'll do funky wings! :P  
I wore this look to work and it's extremely wearable if you're wanting to give your eyes an extra pop of color and wear something other than neutral shadows.

 photo signature_zps5ed1b0d3.jpg
The NARS Eye paint as well as the Ellis Faas mascara were provided for free from the brands and The Makeup Show. The Profusion palette was a gift. 

13 comments:

  1. That is pretty! I like the sparkly eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!! but yes, yes, needs more mismatched wings lmao! The wings take you hiiiiigher.....okay, please tell me you know what that's from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is purdy!! I love those colours on you. And the silver liner totally makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is gorgeous!! Beautiful shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE using the Nars eye paint as a liner instead of all over the lid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahaha thanks! :P I'll definitely do mismatched wings next time! Okay, I know it, but I can't think of where it's from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm surprised how awesome the palette is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you liked it! I got the brand one time on a whim during an after christmas clearance sale. Since then I always know to stock up because their pigmentation really hits it out of the park! you can also often find it in the dollar section at walgreens or at the dollar tree! i love this look you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. also I realized wow this post is 5 days old that's how behind on blogs I am....I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Kirby is a very sparkly girl! :P

    ReplyDelete