Google+

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Liebster Award!

I am so honored! Y'all have no idea! I got so excited when I saw this!

I was nominated by Glitterfists , Blushing Beauty AND Always Blabbing for a Liebster award! I am so grateful to them for nominating me for this! :D xx The fact that I was nominated THREE times really means a lot to me.

Since I was nominated by three people I will answer their questions and tag 11 people! :D

The point of the Liebster award is to discover new blogs/bloggers to show love!
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You have to nominate another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers to pass the award to.
4. You have to come up with 11 other questions for your nominees.
5. You have to notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.
6. Bloggers can also include 11 random facts about themselves- this is optional.
7. No tag backs!


GlitterFistsQuestions:
1. What, or who, got you into blogging? Was it a gradual process or did you just decide one day to start blogging?

For me, it was a gradual process. I started my blog back in 2010 (a different one) that was supposed to go with my YouTube videos. I wound up switching from Blogger to Wordpress in 2011 then switched back to Blogger in 2012. It was a huge process but basically, my love of blogger overcame my love of making YouTube videos and my blog definitely gets more love now.

2. How do you store your polish? Bins, drawers, boxes?

Currently they're in a mixture of 2 medium drawers and single stacked in a box. When we finally get into the house they'll be on racks though!
3. What color of polish do you own most of?

I'm not sure I own a certain amount of one single color. I've got a nice mix, but not a lot of one color. So this I can't really answer properly.
4. Have you ever thought of making your own polish brand?

I did and I started too! Well, that is until my allergies got the best of me and I couldn't deal with mixing the polishes. That idea went out the window very quickly. I do have some prototypes and I've only give a bottle (well two) to Let Them Have Polish! They weren't anything spectacular though. 
5. If you work, what do you do for your job? Do you enjoy it? If no, what would you like to do? If you're a student, what are you going to school for?

I'm currently a housewife. So exciting right? Not particularly I find it boring. I'm waiting to hear back about a job though which I am damn excited about!

6. Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds and what are their names?

Myself personally? I have a Tortoiseshell cat named Anya. I'm sure y'all have seen her a butt ton before!
I do have a dog though but she stays with my parents and her madre. Kyri is a mix between a sharpei and a Labrador. Then we have Rosie who is a straight up black lab. I've done a blog post on them before, so I know y'all have seen them (maybe) There are also 2 turtles. Splinter and Leo. They're my brothers though.

7. What is your favorite TV show? What about movie?

I LOVE Buffy, I've got all 7 seasons on DVD. Call my crazy but I love it. 
I love South Park, Futurama, Family Guy and American Dad! as well. I'm not much of a TV person anymore though. 
As for favorite movie Hocus Pocus, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I know ALL of them by heart. Hands down best movies ever. 
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Least favorite?

I love everything about blogging. I love connecting with people and brands, taking pictures, giving my opinions on thing. I don't have one single thing that I dislike about blogging honestly. 
9. If you could collaborate with any brand, indie or mainstream, who would it be?

Ooh Oh man. I'm not sure. I LOVE ORLY's polishes and I'm not as into Indies as I should be. Ordering online stresses me out so I've missed a lot of awesome polishes. I've been loving what Sindie Pop has been coming out with lately!
10. Chocolate or vanilla?

Depends. Actually, Chocolate. I'm not sure why but a lot of the time vanilla makes me gag. I'll use it in baking and what not, but eating vanilla cake or ice cream just makes me gag. No idea why

11. Do you watch any YouTube Nail Gurus? If you do, who are they?
I do not, unless you count bloggers who have YouTube accounts then Let Them Have Polish! Other than her, no. I'm not insanely into YT anymore honestly.

Blushing Beauty Questions:
1. What are your top 3 makeup brands?
1) I LOVE L'Oreal's Mascaras
2) Sugarpill
3) Urban Decay

2. What made you want to start a blog?
I wanted my blog to be an extension of my YouTube Channel. I could put more info in a blog post then in a video. I tend to ramble on a lot and the videos would get way too long.

3. What kind of music do you like listening to?
I love Classic Rock baby! I will listen to mostly everything though except for a few things that mainly consist of that crap that has been put out the past few years.

4. Who are your top 5 favorite bloggers?
Oooh that's tough.
1) Let Them Have Polish
2) Imperfectly Painted
3) The Gloss Menagerie
4) Quick, Cheap and Pretty
5) A Brilliant Brunette

5. Do you have a youtube channel. If so, what is it?
Indeed. It's http://youtube.com/AuttyW

6. Name one unique thing about yourself!
Honestly, I can't think of one single thing. 

7. How long have you been blogging?
2010 but I deleted that blog and I don't remember why:(

8. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Shy, Loud, Random

9. You have 15 minutes to get ready.. what is your go to hair and makeup look?
My "go-to" hair style is a pony tail in a clip. Nothing special.
My "go-to" makeup. That depends. I typically only do my eyes anymore so that varies. Just slap on a few eye shadows, blend and call it a day. 

10. What item can you not live without? (it can be anything!)
Lip balm! I can't stand dry lips. I have 2 in my purse at all times and one in my pocket. 

11. What advice would you give a new blogger?
I'm going to give two pieces of advice. Kosher?
1- Don't expect to be sent free things just because you have a blog. That is a huge misconception within new bloggers.
2- Don't focus on page counts and subscribers. At the end of the day it's the quality of your content that will bring people back. Not the numbers. 


1. Eyeliner gel or pencil?
I actually tend to use a pencil in my waterline and a gel liner on my lid. 

2. Favorite nail polish. 
Nubar Green Silver Glitter for sure! The sheer holo-ness of it makes me happy.

3. Dream vacation destination? 
I would LOVE to go to Scotland or Tokyo

4.  Sandals or boots?
Sandals, even though I shouldn't wear them.

5. Favorite Season?
Don't laugh but I love Fall (Autumn) Not because we share the same name, but simply because it gets cooler in Florida, and there is just something abut the air that makes me happy

6. Favorite Holiday ?
Hands down, Halloween. I LOVE all of the spooky stuff.

7. Colored mascara yay or nay? 
It depends on how it's used. My first mascara was a Purple one from Estee Lauder that my sister bought me many many many years ago so I don't mind them as long as you don't look like a slob

8. Do you have animals?
Indeed. I have a cat, 2 dogs and 2 turtles.

9. One make up product you can't live without
Makeup? Eye shadow. That's all I really do anymore.

10.  Favorite Movie?
I'm going to list a few. Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Hocus Pocus, The Pirates movies (Johnny Depp baby) anddd I think that may be it :)

11. Favorite Food?
That's a toughie but I LOVE salad. Me gusta mucho.


Okay, so I don't have 11 people. I am so terrible at doing this part D:
1) Stephanie - CookieFarrer
2) Rose - MilkyMoles
3) Beautify ur life
4) Budget Splurge Beauty
5) Tunay Na Mahal
6) Simply Davia
7) Beauty Tricia's Way

My questions are
1) Eyeliner or Eyeshadow. Which is your favorite?
2) If you could only eat ONE thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
3) What is your favorite kind of nail polish? (texture,cream, etc)
4) What is one makeup brand you have always wanted to try?
5) What is your favorite YouTube beauty or nail polish channel?
6) Do you carry makeup with you in your purse?
7) What are you essential makeup prducts?
8) What inspired you to start your blog?
9) What is your favorite Social Media site?
10) If you would only buy from one makeup brand, what would it be and why?
11) What is your favorite kind of animal?

I can't wait to see your answers! xx



11 comments:

  1. OK I have never done this...but I am going to read the questions and respond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love liner...can't help it
    2.String Cheese
    3.I love nail polish with xtras ie glitter, sparkly etc
    4. I want to try the Temptu Brand..
    5.In honesty I do not have a fav...sorry
    6. I carry makeup everywhere including having stash spots in mine and other people's car..cause u never know!
    7. Makeup Essentials BB Cream with Tint, Avon Mega Effects Mascara in Black, Liner, Lipstick
    8. The Amazing Beauty Blogger @clumpsofmascara encouraged me to blog as a way to reach out to others.. I was hospitalized and had hardly any human contact.
    9. One of my fav Beauty Social Media Sites is BeautyStat.com it's my way to get caught up on what's hot, not, trending and also to see others reviews!
    10. I am gonna have to say Avon is if I had to...only buy one brand because I can get some of the best of beauty innovation and products that work all in one place!
    11. I love any animal I personally do not have to clean up after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. being a housewife can be a hard job! so i commend you on that!! =D
    and i've been tossing around the idea of making polishes, too. but i've got allergies and idk how i'd hold up with mixing either!
    <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baha I hear you! Awwh it's not all that bad! I'm allergic to practically everything, that's my biggest problem. -_- Making polishes though is also an expensive venture.Bah <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know! Its so expensive. The suspension base, pigment and glitters, bottles and labels...bah! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Definitely blah! It's kind of crazy how expensive it can wind up being.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw thank you so much! I actually did a liebster award a month or two ago. I would love to do it again but I have the same problem as you, I don't know too many blogs with under 200! I would end up tagging the same people as last time lol but I really liked your questions! SO I might just do a post and not tag anyone else. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's awesome! You definitely can do it that way if you wanted too!

    ReplyDelete