Google+

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Direction/rebranding?

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing well.
I am sure that you noticed as of late that I've been blogging about more than just beauty on my blog. Nail polish has been thrown into the mix, granted that is still a part of "beauty" but I've been doing it a lot more than makeup. Until we get in the house I don't have a set place to do my makeup and it's kind of uncomfortable to do my makeup in the tiny space we have or in the bathroom. So that's why there haven't been as many makeup posts. Like I have said in previous posts, there are more makeup related posts coming up. I have one typed I just need the pictures for it, and I have a few others planned.

Onto new things though. I am sure you have also noticed that I have started throwing other things into the mix like pet food reviews, etc. I wanted to get your opinions on it. I know that all of you are basically here for the beauty aspect of my blog but I am honestly in the process of finding myself. Is that weird to say. No no I am going to come out and say it, I am honestly in a personal struggle and I feel lost and I'm not sure who I am. Sad right? Yeah I know. I don't want pity though, but I wanted to be honest. I still LOVE LOVE beauty and nail polish but I wanted to put my other passions onto the blog as well, is that a good idea?

What I mean is like reviews for Pet related things, weightloss/workout stuff, food/drink reviews that are better suited here than on my baking/cooking blog. Stuff that has to deal with rebuilding the house we are working on. I know people have asked for before and after pictures of it, but it's a long process and I don't want to put it here if it is something you're not interested in. At the moment I just need some type of help as per which direction I should go because I don't want to disappoint everyone. My blog will still be mainly beauty, but it would have everything else thrown in here and there. If all else fails, I will create a new blog and put all of it there and just build that blog up as well. Heck I'm still building this blog and failing at it greatly at the moment.

What are your opinions?

I hope you have a fantastic day! Thank you for reading!

xxAutumn

4 comments:

  1. I think you should just post about what you want :) who cares if it doesn't fit into a specific category? It's your blog, post what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think it's a great idea to mix in "other" posts alongside! I mean, I LOVE reading about beauty, but it isn't my only interest. I think it's fun to read some beauty and fashion posts and then have other posts on food, animals, entertainment, or whatever else the blogger likes--it keeps things fresh and it also makes the blog a little more original, since the personality of the blogger comes through, you find out what they like or dislike, and you get to see a little bit of their life beyond the makeup bag, so to speak.


    I kind of worried when I began to transition from mainly beauty to beauty & lifestyle that my readership would go down, but if anything it's gone up. I think my beauty posts are still much more popular, but the mix certainly hasn't hurt!


    And besides, it's YOUR blog and you should be writing about whatever you want! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say the SAME thing to other people but never take my own 'advice" I always feel like I'm going to lose readers by not blogging about beauty related things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you hun! xx
    I love when other blogs have a mix of topics, but I always feel that I am going to lose readers when I don't blog about sometihng beauty related. My readership went up when I started blogging with more nail polish related posts. I'm hoping it will be an easy transition

    ReplyDelete