Google+

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ikea Crayfish Party (kräftskiva)

Hey everyone!

I got an email the other day from Ikea. Does anyone else get those? Maybe? No? Well, I do. Even though the closest one is over an hour away I still LOVE going. Tis a rare treat my sweets.

I wasn't going to do a post about it but I figured what the heck. Why not?! I love food (no fat jokes please) and definitely love sharing my thoughts on things like this. I think this would be such a fun thing to go too!

Ikea is having their annual Crayfish party August 16th.. It's only for the Ikea's located in the USA, sorry everyone else! D:

image credit Ikea

Crayfish, Crawfish, Crawdads... all the same thing, just called different things in different areas. I call them crawfish but to each their own!

Ikea says:
Swedish Crayfish Party!
Friday, August 16, 2013



Gather your friends to feast on crayfish during one of the most loved and celebrated Swedish festivals. Enjoy this all-you-can-eat buffet at IKEA! 

IKEA FAMILY Member
Price: $9.99 for adults; Children 12 & under $2.49
Non-Member
Price: $12.99 for adult; Children 12 & under $4.99 

Tickets are sold per seating and are on sale now. Ask a Restaurant co-worker for details. Seating is limited so don't wait to purchase your tickets! 
4:00pm
6:00pm
8:00pm

The IKEA Restaurant will close at 2:00pm that day to prepare for this special event. Our Swedish Food Market and Bistro will be open and available all day.

That's the menu! Okay, even though I don't eat Crayfish, some of the other stuff sounds amazing. Holla I will go for a nice salad, meatballs and some taters! Have you ever had lingonberries or the lingonberry juice?! Omg so addicting! I definitely suggest it! xx

The "kräftskiva" (crayfish party) is one of the most important social events of the year in Sweden. It is usually held in August during the height of the crayfish season, and it's a time for friends to gather together and celebrate the warm weather, warm company and heaping piles of fresh crayfish. Participants often wear funny hats and enjoy "singing drinking," songs while taking snaps (or shots, as we call them.) The parties continue well into the night, when the unmistakable sounds of laughter and singing can be heard from the balconies, verdanas and gardens all across the country.

I definitely suggest sighing up for the Ikea family card! You also get discounts in store etc. I got one a while ago. You go to the store and put in your info and out pops your card! It's so neat!! (It's in the Children section on the second floor.)
I'm going to talk to Chris and my parents and see if they want to go! Will you go?!

I am not affiliated with Ikea. I did this post on my own accord. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I love Ikea too but the closest one is more than n hour away.
    xx lexi @ glitter, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ikea too! Oh definitely it's the same here! The closest to me is in Tampa which is an hour or Orlando which is almost 3 hours to the store. They definitely need to build more!

      Delete